Author Topic: NHD-0126K3Z-FS(RGB)-FBW-V3 external connections and RS232 basics  (Read 86 times)

Dis Play

• View Profile
New to working with these and was hoping someone could confirm a few simple things before I go further.  I assumed the J2 pins are only used if the SPI protocol is used - is that correct?  I'm wanting to use the display with a PLC that can write RS232.  The programming code for the PLC uses ACSII numbers rather than hex, so I have to convert. 

According to the paragraph from the PDF doc for it below, and the Table of Commands,  it appears I don't have to do any initializing programming, and don't need any prefix or command to simply write messages to display the characters I want, or do I have to set the cursor where I want the display to show up?

ASCII Text
To display normal text, just enter its ASCII number. A number from 0x00 to 0x07 displays the user defined custom character, 0x20 to 0x7F displays the standard set of characters, 0xA0 to 0xFD display characters and symbols that are factory-masked on the ST7066U controller. 0xFE is reserved.

Further if I am understanding the above right - and it's likely I am not because it's not working - I just send the ASCII byte that I want to display (so if I want the display to show a "B")  I just have to send 066 over serial? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

RS232 PIC CCS COMPILER COMANDS FOR NHD-0420D3Z-NSW-BBW-V3 ISSUE

Started by DavidVMBoard Character LCDs

Replies: 2
Views: 1838
Last post May 30, 2017, 12:58:32 PM
by DavidVM
Reversed backlight connections

Started by whizzo944Board Character LCDs

Replies: 1
Views: 1533
Last post September 21, 2016, 08:39:25 AM