At Newhaven Display we offer various development tools to help any level of engineer get started with our products. From plug-and-play to more intense development capabilities, we are continuously working towards providing affordable tools for the display industry.
Our various custom shields are designed to work with a number of different products. Each shield is engineered in Elgin, IL to work seamlessly with Arduino's most popular development boards. By utilizing Arduino's vastly growing community, engineers can take advantage of shared code developed by other engineers as well as code created by our own engineers.
In order to help users get started with these shields, we share a repository of example code to get anyone up and running as soon as the product arrives. Additional resources can be found within Arduino's community; such as code assistance, code branches and sharing knowledge with other like-minded engineers.
- • Designed for Arduino's most popular development boards
- • Engineered in the USA
- • Open Source Hardware and Software
- • Customized for Newhaven Display products
- • Code assistance available
- • RoHS compliant
The NHDev Board is the ideal tool for prototyping and evaluating our OLED, COG, TFT, Character and Graphic LCDs. This STM32F based device comes preprogrammed to demonstrate each display with preloaded images and text files from the included SD card. These files can also be easily edited or replaced with user created images allowing you to see what your actual application will look like.
- • One board to evaluate several displays
- • Sample codes and wiring diagrams provided
- • CPU: STM32F103RET6 ARM 32 bit Cortex-M3
- • SD Card storage with preloaded images and text files
- • JTAG connection with ARM2x10 pin layout for programming
- • 3 push button user interface
- • Features a NHD-C0216CZ-FSW-FBW display
- • MPU reset switch
- • Variable resistor to adjust contrast
- • Backlight enable switch
- • 2.54mm (0.1") pitch LCD development output pins and thru-holes
- • 7VDC power supply, jumper to select +5V, 3.3V LCD power supply
- • Jumper to select input to V0 potentiometer, either VSS or VEE (external voltage)
This evaluation board features our standard 3.5" TFT as well as a custom interface board designed to work in conjunction with select Microchip PIC32 evaluation/starter kits. Microchip's PIC32 has all of the features to drive the 3.5" TFT and allows the user to experience the full capability of this display.
- • Newhaven 3.5" QVGA with resistive touch
- • Designed for select Microchip PIC32 evaluation/starter kits
- • Efficient Diodes Inc. white LED step-up backlight driver
- • AVX flat flex ZIF connector
- • 3M Bumpon Protective Products for perfect mating to the Microchip evaluation boards
The TFT Controller boards provide the user with the ability to use an 8-bit or 16-bit parallel processor input instead of the standard 24-bit RGB input. When the processor being used doesn't have a built-in controller to run the driver on the TFT, these boards offer a simple solution that is quick and easy to use. We offer various controller boards that can be used to connect to our 3.5", 4.3", 5.0", 5.7" and 7.0" TFT displays.
- • Quick and easy solution to controller less TFT displays
- • Supports 8-bit or 16-bit parallel processor
- • Custom design to integrate with Newhaven's 3.5-7.0" TFTs
- • RoHS compliant