Newhaven Products > Graphic LCDs

NHD-C12864WC-FSW-FBW-3V3 booster

(1/2) > >>

taf:
Hi!

Iím trying to make the NHD-C12864WC-FSW-FBW-3V3 display work and Iím having some problems with the booster. The thing is that after several trials with the 4x booster network that is suggested in the datasheet I never saw anything in the screen, however, I plugged the Vout directly with 10.5 V (typical value acording with the datasheet) and screen worked perfectly. It must be some problem with the screen or booster since the voltage value monitored in Vout when it is working with the internal voltage is about 6V. I am doing something wrong or I should give the display back?

Finally I would like to point out a mistake in the datasheet of this product, the schema depicted in page 5 has capacitors missasigned, e.g. CAP3+ is tagged as C3-.

Thanks for yout time!

Saurabh_B:
HI, is that 6V what you're seeing at Vout?

Also what type and values of capacitors are you using?

taf:
Hi Saurabh!

Yes, i'm seeing 6V at Vout with booster 4X.  I have checked both, polyester and ceramic 1uF capacitors. I also tested 2x and 3x booster capacitor configurations and in two cases the Vout was 6V. 

Thanks!

Saurabh_B:
I was wondering if you could confirm the number of capacitors you have in the circuit along with the values you are using for the following commands:

Power Control Set
Electronic Volume
Booster Ratio Set
Voltage Regulator internal ratio Set

taf:
Hi Saurabh_B:
Thank you for the reply.

We have 4 capacitors of 1uF value (4x booster circuit: Vout, Vcap3P, Vcap1P, Vcap2P), and 5 capacitors of 1uF value (for V0, V1, V2, V3 and V4).
For the 2x and 3x configuration tests, we changed the capacitors according to the datasheet.

Command values:
Power Control Set
     0x2F
Electronic Volume
     Both: 0x2F and 0x3F
Booster Ratio Set
     0x00
Voltage Regulator internal ratio Set
     0x27

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page