Author Topic: Help troubleshooting NHD_128128UGC3  (Read 1347 times)

chintu.09

• View Profile
Help troubleshooting NHD_128128UGC3
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:17:30 PM »
Hi Al,

I am writing driver for using a custom board. I modified example test.ino from Github (which emulates SPI setting gpio pins manully). This works almost fine, except for some rows in "HelloWorld" the pixels are printed in not the intended location.

Later, now with connections kept intact, I am trying to use in-built SPI hardware instead of emulating. Now I'm able to start the LED, but writing on pixels doesn't work.

I assuming there is no problem with connections as I'm using same connections and able to turn it ON.

Could someone help me resloving this issue.

Thanks

chintu.09

• View Profile
Re: Help troubleshooting NHD_128128UGC3
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »
Hi All,

I was able to fix the blank lines through lowering Clock frequency (to 0x71 instead of 0xF1) . The blank lines are gone, but now the display looks kind of blinking(is this called flickering mentioned in manual).

How do I fix blank lines without this flickering effect. Also someone please explain science behind changing frequency, how did it fix my blank lines and how to determine optimum value for it.

My setup : NHD128128UGC3, 3-wire SPI, 16MHz, Initialization from https://github.com/NewhavenDisplay/NHD-1.5-128128UGC3_Example/blob/master/examples/test/test.ino

Thanks

Troubleshooting Help

Started by kelauderBoard OLEDs

Replies: 2
Views: 2068
Last post September 08, 2015, 09:16:20 PM
by kelauder