Newhaven Products > Evaluation Tools

NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE-N no picture

(1/2) > >>

REO:
Hi

I'm trying to run the NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE-N with my BeagleBoneBlack. But so far I have not been able to get a picture on the screen.
I have tried running the latest Debian 8.7 image (From BeagleBoard.org), Ubuntu 14.04 Kernel 3.8 (recomended by NHD) and Ubuntu 16.04.2 kernel 4.4.59-ti-r96.

How do I check that the Cape is "read" correct by the BBB?

Regards Rasmus.

Paul_B:
Rasmus,

Have you had a chance to review the NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE 7.0 BeagleBone Black Cape User Guide?

http://www.newhavendisplay.com/userguides/NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE_User_Guide.pdf

The NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE is designed to work with existing software and drivers already developed for the BeagleBone
Black.

The Requirements for use are:

* NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE-x
* BeagleBone Black with suitable distribution loaded - Images available for download in the User Guide
* 8GB microSD card
* 5V DC supply suitable for the BeagleBone Black

It would also be helpful to see your boot process. To see the actual boot process a RS232 cable like the TTL-232R-3V3 from FTDI is needed. Just plug it into the J1 connector (located on the BBB) and open a serial terminal of your choice.

Regards,

REO:
Hi Paul

I now got the Ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.8 image from the NHD website to work. And that give me image on the screen. But When I try to flash it to the eMMC, it "freeze" with a picture of Tux in the upper left corner of the screen with USER LED2 constant lit...

When I edit uEnv.txt I get the following:

GNU nano 2.2.6            File: /boot/uEnv.txt

#Docs: http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:U-boot_partitioning_layout_2.0

uname_r=3.8.13-bone67
#uname_r=3.15.10-bone8

#dtb=

uuid=db3f38b5-33d9-4827-8738-3feabbd476a1

cmdline=quiet

##Example
#cape_disable=capemgr.disable_partno=
#cape_enable=capemgr.enable_partno=
optargs=capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONELT-HDMI,BB-BONELT-HDMIN,BB-BONE-EMMC-2G

##enable BBB: eMMC Flasher:
##make sure, these tools are installed: dosfstools rsync
#cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v2.sh

In order to enable the eMMC flasher I edit the last line to:
cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v2.sh

I then Power off the BBB, press and hold the "boot button" and power on the BBB. When the all four user LED's haw come on and turn off again I release the "Boot Button".
And then it "freezes" with a picture of Tux...

Is there a nother way to get this image to the eMMC?

Regards Rasmus.

gguinchard:
Hello,
I just got a NHD-7.OCTP-CAPE-N-ND, and I'm unable to get a documentation to install on my beaglebone black. The link mentioned above does not answer : http://www.newhavendisplay.com/userguides/NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE_User_Guide.pdf
Could you send to me or say me wehere I can download.
Thanks in advance

gguinchard:
After looking with Digikey support, they sent me kindly a new display and I have finally reached to display the tty1-6 as character sessions.
For this, I was obliged to install the  Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.15.10-bone8 armv7l), with the "out of the box operating system" the display remains dark.
This is a very little step, now I have installed ubuntu-desktop (TAKES 1 HOURS, AND SOME DEPENDENCIES SEEMS TO FAIL) and the Xsession start now, but I have no idea how to login, the user "Demo user" does not accept temppwd nor empty password and the user guest gives a curious session after a long time. I think I'll give up for a moment and wait that Newhaven has tryied his display with a beaglebone black, I really does not think they did recently...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version