Newhaven Products > Evaluation Tools

NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE - BBB does not start up properly

<< < (2/2)

Afternoon Hendrik,

I've completed testing on the NHD-7.0CTP-CAPE utilizing the new BeagleBone Black Wireless and managed to replicate the issue you are experiencing. The issue seems to stem from the OSD3358 power management chip exclusively on the new BeagleBone Black Wireless model.

If you are having this issue, please see the work-around below:

Disclaimer:Modified product will void warranty.

* Cut pins 7 & 8 on connector P1_B
* Solder a 0 Ohm resistor (or solder bridge) between pins 5 & 7
This enables the backlight circuit to run off VDD_5V (main power supply from the DC input jack) instead of SYS_5V (main rail for the regulators on the main board).

Hello Hendrik and/or Paul_B

Lucky timing that this question popped up recently, as I have a related one.

Do the wireless functions (wifi and bluetooth) still work with the 24-bit cape installed (and the modifications listed complete)? I've seen a few places that some of the extra pins required for 24 bit over 16 bit colour are also used for wireless addons for earlier beaglebone boards, and I wanted to make sure those features still work with the integrated wireless chip.

Hi Newto,

I believe the WiFi/Bluetooth pins were taken from the 10/100 Ethernet pins (don't quote me on that)...

The BeagleBone Black Wireless is still fairly new to me, I'll have to do some additional testing to confirm  ;)

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version